The prophet (S.A.W) has said that Islam is founded upon five things.
- Belief in the oneness of Allah and Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W).
- Offering of daily prayers know as Salaat.
- Giving Zakaat (obligatory charity).
- Observing of Fasts during Ramadaan.
- Performing Hajj at least once in life, if one is solvent.
In a tradition the fulfillment of the above five fundamentals or principles is called ‘Islam’. The Prophet (S.A.W) has said, “Al-Islam implies that you testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad (S.A.W) is the Messenger of Allah, and you establish prayer, pay Zakaat, observe the Fast of Ramadaan and performs Hajj to the Holy Ka’ba in Makka once in life-time if you are solvent to bear the expenses of the Journey.